Anna Leybengrub, RDN, CDN, CDE
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Certified Diabetes Educator
Certified Health Coach
Anna Leybengrub is uniquely trained to help patients achieve better health through diet and lifestyle changes.
- Education: Received Bachelor of Science in Food & Nutritional Science from the San Diego State University (SDSU). Later received training and became Certified in Health Coaching at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN).
- Current Experience: Founder and owner of Insightful Nutrition, New York City-based Private Practice, where I provide Nutrition Counseling and help achieve gradual, sustainable lifestyle changes through accountability and support to adults with a wide range of endocrine, digestive, weight management, and cardiac disorders. Also working at a New York City-based hospital where I provide Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) to patients from all walks of life.
- Past Experience: Completed a 40 weeks of supervised practice at Sodexo New York Metro Metropolitan Dietetic Internship. Peer Health Educator for SDSU campus’ Body Image and Eating Disorders (BALANCE) Program as well as a Teaching Facilitator for Kaiser Permanente-Kids In Dynamic Shape (KP KIDS) Program. In addition, I was a Research Assistant with SDSU Research Foundation’s MOVE/ME MOEVO Project: All experiences were tackling the widespread obesity and body image crisis in children and adults.
- Leadership: Member of Medical Committee at Save a Child’s Heart (SACH); Secretary at SDSU Student Nutrition Organization (SNO); Mentor at SDSU Student Nutrition Organization (SNO); Event Coordinator at SDSU Culinary Food and Science Club (CFSC); Team Leader at Rady Children’s Hospital Charity Dinner.
- Professional Affiliations: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND); New York State Dietetic Association (NYSDA); Greater New York Dietetic Association (GNYDA); Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine (DIFM).